- Up to 64 stereo sample playback = 128 voice
- 32-bit output (VSamp application under Mac OS 7, 8 or
9 limited to 16-bit).
- Up to 192 kHz output (VSamp application under Mac OS
7, 8 or 9 limited to 48 kHz).
- Load samples into RAM for higher performance or
stream from disk for lower RAM usage.
- 128 resonant lowpass filters with realtime MIDI
control and modulation.
- LFO to modulate pitch and filters
- 5-stage AHDSR envelope configurable for each sample.
- Compatible with sequencers running MacOS X MIDI
services, OMS and FreeMIDI.
- Compatibility with major soundfile formats including
AIFF, WAVE and SDII.
- Import SoundFont2 and SampleCell 2.x samples and
VSamp has been successfully used with:
- Apple GarageBand
- Steinberg Cubase
- Apple Logic Pro and Logic Express
- MOTU Performer
- MakeMusic Finale
- Sagan Technology Metro
- Digidesign Protools
- Best with a fast mac (Intel, G4 or G5 processor
recommended) but will work with any mac with PowerPC or
- At least 32MB available RAM.
- System 7.5 or later, including MacOS X (at least
10.3.9 and QuickTime 6.5).
- MacOS X: supports MacOS X built-in MIDI services,
AudioUnits and CoreAudio services.
- MacOS 7, 8 and 9: Requires OMS 2.0 or greater or
FreeMIDI 1.34 or later (free from MOTU).
- A VST2-compatible sequencer if you want to use VSamp
- An AudioUnits-compatible sequencer if you want to use
VSamp is fully compatible with MacOS 7.5 through to MacOS X (10.3.9 to 10.7.x). VSamp is not compatible with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks).